Thursday, November 4, 2010

Holy October...Hello November!

Holy October, batman. Where did time go? I can't believe it's November already. We're three weeks away from Thanksgiving, six weeks away from my college graduation, and a mere seven weeks away from Christmas! I had a really busy October. I'll try to remember everything that's happened since the last time I updated.

Zach was on vacation for the first week in October, so I spent a whole week at home. It was nice to spend some time with my family, but by the end of the week I surely was ready for him to come home! I worked a few days to keep myself busy, made sure to do my schoolwork, and came down with a pretty nasty cold that week, too. Wednesday of that week was our three month anniversary, and I unexpectedly got a delivery of flowers! I was so sick that day--he's pretty wonderful, if I do say so myself.

Katy's baby shower was the same day that Zach was flying home--so I headed to Mocksville that morning, stopped in Greensboro to have lunch with a friend, and then finally made it to the shower, albeit a little late. It was wonderful to see all of my friends together for the first time since the wedding in June. I stayed up until the very last possible minute that I could, and headed to the airport to get Zach. Waiting in that airport seemed like the l o n g e s t   hour of my life, but finally he was home! We went back home and relaxed for the rest of the weekend (besides going to dinner with my family on Sunday night)...the next week was going to be a busy one for me!

The next week was my fall break, and I had told my OSTE from student teaching that I would sub for her class three days that week. It made my heart happy to be back in my old classroom again. So many good memories! The class this year is great, but nobody will ever beat the class that we had. On Tuesday of the same week, Summer and I had professional pictures done by the wonderful Melissa Smith (check out her website) at the barn. We had an awesome time, I'm definitely going to her when it comes time for engagement and wedding pictures (not planning for the future or anything...).

(The view from the top of the ferris wheel)
That weekend was the start of the State Fair, and of course sissy was showing her horse. I LOVE, love, love the State Fair. I remember going every year as a child. There were a few years in college when I didn't get to go, but I was going to make it there no matter what this year. I found out that Zach had never been, and that gave me even more reason to go! We watched sissy show her horse ALL DAY on Saturday, and headed into the fair that night. We only rode two rides--the ferris wheel and the tilt-a-whirl. We were both more interested in the food (fried oreos, elephant ears, an italian sausage, real root beer, and ribbon fries...yes, just the two of us) and the exhibits than we were waiting in line for the rides. It was late and we were cold, too! I'm just thankful it was warm during the day and didn't get cold until that night. Sunday we woke up a little late (oops), but headed back to the Hunt complex to watch sissy ride again and then went home and were vegetables all night.

The weekdays are pretty boring for us--either working or going to school for me, and he works. The weekend after the fair, I had planned for us to have a Science Team reunion in Greensboro! There were a bunch of us at Katy's wedding in June, but I got to see some of my friends that I haven't seen since APRIL! After the fiasco of me locking my keys in my car and having to use Emily's AAA, we had a wonderful dinner together. Afterwards, I got to experience my first UFC fight when we went out with Megan. It's definitely interesting, that's for sure...

after dinner in Greensboro

Zach and I also decided that we wanted to head to the mountains on Sunday to watch the leaves change, so we booked a hotel room in Greensboro for Saturday after dinner and headed west first thing Sunday morning! First, we went straight down 40 to Boone. We stopped and had lunch at a cute little cafe, and walked through an antique store. Then we found the Blue Ridge Parkway and started down that way (up that way?). We stopped a few times, once by a lake. We hiked a 2.3 mile trail around the lake, stopping a few times just take in the beauty. It was absolutely breathtaking--the temperature was around 70 degrees and not a cloud was in the sky. We climbed to the top of a really sweet rock, and Zach insisted on taking my picture. We drove the entire parkway, all the way to Asheville! Times got a little scary toward the end, when we thought my car might run out of gas! Luckily, we were able to make it into Asheville and get gas. It was wonderful to just sit in the car and talk for hours as we drove through the mountains. That's one of my favorite things about our relationship--we do a lot of talking. I think that an important part of ANY good relationship is communication. Without communication, you can't have trust. And without trust, the relationship isn't going to be as good. Believe me, I know. Anyway, enough gloating about our wonderful relationship.

Last weekend was Halloween--and I was determined that we weren't going ANYWHERE. We had been on the go and completely booked for like 6 weekends in a row, so we camped out at home all weekend and planned to be vegetables. We haven't had a chance to sleep in on a Saturday in months, so that's just what we did. I also realized that I had an anthropology test to take by Saturday night, but lo and behold I didn't have my book with me in Cary. I had to go all the way home and get the book and go all the way back to Cary to take the test. Just a nuisance. I'm silly sometimes. 

We love to do theme nights--so Saturday night we decided we would have Four Loko and Jersey Shore night. Neither of us had ever drank it before and wanted to see what all the hype was about--apparently it's referred to as "blackout-in-a-can". Let's just say it lives up to it's name. 23.5 measly little oz in one can that will MESS YOU UP. Not a good decision on our part. Never again. We were absolutely miserable on Sunday, which happened to be Halloween. We managed to get up, shower, put our sweatpants back on, and lay around all day until we finally decided to get up and get greasy burgers and soft drinks for dinner (the perfect cure for a hangover) I haven't been that miserable since a few years ago. We celebrated Halloween by grabbing Paranormal Activity on Netflix and waiting for trick-or-treaters--which we only had four of, by the way. 

That brings us up to this week, which has been pretty low key. This weekend we're heading west yet again to spend the majority of the weekend in Davie Co! Stay tuned for more of our adventures...

Toodles! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment