Saturday, February 19, 2011

Valentines and a tough week...

...And what a tough week it was. I knew going into this past week that it was going to be a long one, but I wasn't aware HOW long and hard it was going to be.

Monday was Valentine's day. I had by far the best Valentine's day I have EVER had. Boyfriend dropped no hints, gave no clues, or did anything to give me any idea whatsoever what we were doing Monday night. I left for work thinking that maybe we were just going out to dinner. The kids and I had a pretty normal day, and I let them pass out their Valentines after lunch. We had some snacks, and had planned to head outside for recess--it was a GORGEOUS day outside. All of a sudden, I get a call from the office. "Ms. Brown, you have something in the office". I sent a child up to get it, since I couldn't leave them alone. I watched as the boy came back carrying a very large and gorgeous bouquet of flowers from none other than my love!! :) It was such a beautiful surprise. Of course, I thought that was the end of the surprises. Boy, was I wrong. Zach told me to be home at 6, hungry and ready to get dressed up to go out. So naturally, I think we're going somewhere nice for dinner.

I got home right on time and redid my hair and makeup. I noticed that Zach had vacuumed and made up the bed, which I thought was very sweet. I wasn't sure what he wanted me to wear, so I just put my sweatpants on and waited for him. Turns out he was running late, and he got home around 7. He said I wasn't allowed to come out of the bedroom, and neither were the animals. I waited for him and listened closely...I hear him clanging something around, and he came in and out of the door a bunch of times. I still had NO clue what he was doing. When he was finished, he lead me out into the dining room where I found the kitchen table covered with a new tablecloth, new dishes and silverware, and a single candle surrounded by rose petals. Turns out, he had planned to cook an entire 5 course meal for the two of us. We had bacon wrapped scallops for an appetizer, potato and ham soup, a salad, and Fillet Mignon and lobster tail with asparagus for the main course. We even made chocolate covered strawberries for dessert! It took about 3 hours to cook and eat it all (with a break in the middle for him to take me to the bedroom and discover the box of Godiva chocolates sitting on my pillow), and we were stuffed by the time we got to dessert. I sat down in the living room to let my food settle, and all of a sudden Zach comes out wearing the same exact outfit he was wearing the night we met. Turns out he had wanted us to get dressed up to eat, but because we were running so late we didn't have time. He told me that was the last surprise, so we took our strawberries in the bedroom and decided to call it a night.

I made a comment that it was the "perfect ending to a perfect night"...and Zach paused for a moment and said "well, maybe not". He went to the hall closet and pulled out a box. It was a Tiffany's box!! I opened it up and found the most beautiful pink sapphire necklace. It was the BEST ending to the BEST Valentines day ever. Even though we didn't get to bed until after 11, it was worth every moment I got to spend with my wonderful boyfriend.

Wow, that took a lot of time to write. My week at work was a very different story--and I'll update later about that. Time to go help bring groceries in! Toodles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment