Sunday, October 27, 2013

Out with the Old, in with the New!

I'm completely aware that it's been 3 months since I've posted anything on this space. I feel bad for letting it go to the wolves! However many, many things have changed since the last time I posted.

#1. WE GOT MARRIED!
  On September 28, I became Mrs. Kuhn when I walked down the aisle to my best friend. It was a beautiful day--80 degrees, sunny, and breezy. The day could not have gone ANY more perfect. We did both almost pass out, but that's life. Now we have a story to tell when we tell people about our wedding. I'm so elated to finally be Z's wife, and I can't wait to see what the next little while brings us.



#2. We honeymooned in Turks and Caicos for a week. It was my first time out of the country and my husband's first time in the Caribbean. We spent most of our time in our bathing suits, either drinking, eating, laying out on the beach, or reading...or a combination of all of those things. I can't say enough good things about the resort that we stayed in, Seven Stars Resort. If you're looking to get away and you want to go to the Caribbean, I 100% recommend Turks and Caicos and the Seven Stars Resort. Our suite was amazing, the staff was super friendly, and the food/alcohol was TO DIE FOR. Not to mention the super delicious sunrises/sunsets that we got to see while we were there.
 



#3. Speaking of "what life brings us"...we've also made some job changes! I stepped out of the classroom for a little while to finish planning our wedding. When we came back from our honeymoon, I stumbled upon an open door--and I walked right in. I am now teaching First Grade in the city that I grew up in! It's such a blessing, mostly because we've had some unanticipated things come along that have affected us. I'm just thankful that I was able to find a job so quickly and that I was so fortunate to be given this opportunity at a great school and with a great team. I just got my kiddos this past Thursday, and they are the sweetest thing on this planet. I think I'm going to do just fine in first grade. Plus, it's fun being called "Mrs. Kuhn" now instead of "Miss Brown". :)

Besides those three major things, we've spent the last month in marital bliss--spending time with our friends and family, having date nights at home, celebrating our cousin's 2nd birthday, and trying to get things organized around our house. My next big task is to try and get Thank You cards out--I was quick about it after my bridal showers, but I started work the week after we came back from the honeymoon and I just haven't had any motivation since. My goal is also to hopefully post at least once a week on this poor, neglected space. We shall see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment