Sunday, August 12, 2012

On Planning This Wedding...

Please let me start by saying I am over the MOON excited to be getting married.
I can't wait to start our lives together and live happily ever after.

Now, with that being said....the whole shebang isn't going to plan itself.
We went to the Bridal Show expo at the fairgrounds yesterday...and if I thought I was overwhelmed with the thought of planning this wedding yesterday, then I'm not sure what word I can use to describe how I'm feeling today.

Where do I start? Who do I need to call? Who can we realistically afford? For someone with bad anxiety, planning a wedding and keeping a calm head is going to be very difficult.

 I've been told by multiple people that I shouldn't necessarily hire a wedding planner, that I can do it all myself because I'm such an organized person. Many people in my family are willing to help out, and one of my bridesmaids is married--so she has experience planning a wedding.

 HOWEVER....this bride [and her groom] will be working full time while planning their wedding. Do we hire one for our sanity? To keep us on track? Is it worth the money? Will I regret my decision not to hire one when I'm three weeks away from getting married, in a corner crying in the fetal position because I'm so overwhelmed?

We've got a budget set, a ballpark estimate of a date, and I'm working on a guest list. We've got the wedding party set and know who our officiant will be. But other than that, I'm clueless. I've contacted a few venues and scheduled a few appointments. Am I going in the right direction? 


So many thought running through my head. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'll leave you with a picture from the Wedding Show yesterday!

"One cannot live on cake and mimosas alone"

No comments:

Post a Comment