Sunday, May 22, 2011

Lack of Motivation

Well, folks...EOG's are finished. A few thing I never realized until last week:

1. I never realized just how LONG a week could be. Holy cow. It seemed like last week took three week's time!
2. I never realized how much I actually do NOT stand up during the day until I had to administer 4 EOG tests...my feet were screaming at me by the end of each day.
3. I never realized how much of an impact my little pickles have actually had on me, until I got their EOG scores back...and I was able to rejoice for some and cry for others. I think I cried for 4 hours on Thursday.
4. I never realized that planning for remediation would be so darn difficult! Leaving work at 7:15 one night at 8:15 the next is pretty rough, especially with my 45 minute drive home.


All in all, it was a very difficult and trying week. We had some drama, some tears, some love, and most of all, we had hard work. I'm very proud of my pickles and the work that they did. We celebrated the end of testing with with an ice cream party and recess on Friday afternoon. Now it's onto remediation, re-testing, and one last week of school. Only 15 days left!!! I've done some work on my centers today, but I have such a lack of motivation...I think I'm finally running out of steam, the germ gremlins are after me. I'm gonna go spend the rest of the day vegging out on the couch or in the bed...although I need to do laundry and clean up around this place!

No comments:

Post a Comment