Friday, May 27, 2011

Rain, Rain, and even more rain...

It's finally Friday! Hooray! That means we only have 10 days of school left (yes, yes I know we don't have school Monday... save your breath. Unfortunately we have a make up day next Saturday). 10 days. Let's see the breakdown of what's left to do:

4 days of re-testing and the fifth grade dance next week
1 day of Saturday school
and then there's the last week...
1 day: Middle school visits
1 day: awards ceremony
1 day: End of Year Celebration

I'd say it's gonna be a pretty sweet last 10 days! Not much to do, no stressing about cramming for tests, no stressing about homework or lesson plans or anything. I'm pretty pumped.

In other news...it's raining here, yet again. There have been some pretty nasty storms this afternoon. We were doing remediation in class today and I had the door open (because it's been freezing all week), and I even took a few groups outside to work this morning. Well, we were working so hard that right before lunch we looked outside and didn't even realize it had been raining! I just thought that it had been raining a little bit, but when I got in the car to come home I was listening to the weather and apparently it had rained 5 inches (closer to home) in only a few hours! We're under a severe thunderstorm watch right now and a flood watch AND warning until sometime tomorrow...oh boy.

Hooray for a long weekend! Enjoy yours and be safe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment