Sunday, June 12, 2011

It's over....

School's out for the summer! Hooray!!! I'm excited. But then it sets in that I don't have a job for next year--and I'm not so excited anymore. 

A few highlights from the last week:
-it was HOT HOT HOT all week. I'm talking upper 90's. Recess was exhausting...and I sat under the picnic shelter every day! We used leftover ice pops and juice boxes from the dance to keep them hydrated ;-)

-We had a field trip on Monday. The kids LOVED going to middle school, but I think they're scared.

-Wednesday we had the awards ceremony....and I had my first angry parent experience. More on that later.

-Friday was the last day....and I didn't make them do ANYTHING. I let them play on the computer, we watched Little Rascals and part of a Narnia movie, we moved desks around, and then we played their favorite game for about an hour. As we walked outside to the buses, everyone in the whole school was lined up clapping for us. Some of my girls were crying, and they made me cry too. I'm gonna miss them SO much! It's been a heck of a ride, but it's been a wonderful ride. I couldn't have asked for a better last week of teaching (on a professional level...on a personal level, it was the WORST week ever). The kids were behaved, they were loving, and all of them most of them acted like they had some sense. It was great to finally see them maturing. 

Now all that's left to do is fill out cumulative folders, PEP's, clean out my room, and make sure I have all my ducks in a row...and then it's onto my next adventure. Stay tuned. I'm praying that God will send me in the right direction and will point me towards a job so that I can start my first full year of teaching. I've learned a lot, and I hope to carry the lessons that I have learned into my next year.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."-Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment