Sunday, June 26, 2011

Slacker and a workout hangover...

Okay, okay, I admit...I'm a slacker. Blame it on the workout hangover!

 After I worked out on Wednesday, I thought that I was going to be sore...and that was okay with me. I was happy with what I had done. I was motivated enough to go out and get my hair cut, venture to the library, and I even stopped to ruin my workout get frozen yogurt on the way home. We had a relaxing night at home.

Thursday when I woke up, I realized I was in trouble. I normally don't have much trouble waking up in the mornings, but Thursday my body did not want to function. It didn't want to move, let alone wake up and cook breakfast. I laid around for a while before finally motivating myself to get my tail up and do some work around the house. I had a lunch date with boyfriend, and at that point (around noon) I was struggling to walk straight. We headed out for burgers and fries, and when I came home it was all I could do to make it to the chair in the living room. My muscles were screaming at me. Muscles that I didn't even know existed were hurting. I took a nap and vegged out on the couch until I had to get up and go grab dinner with my mom. Boyfriend was working late and sissy was out of town, so I took full advantage of some alone time with Mumzy! We had Mexican for dinner...so in other words, I totally ruined the workout that I did in less than 24 hours. There was no way in hell I was getting on a treadmill on Thursday. I thought maybe I would be able to muster up the energy to do something productive on Friday.

WRONG.

Friday was worse than Thursday. I didn't do anything. I'm talking absolutely nothing...unless you count taking a 3 hour nap as something. I was lethargic, in a weepy mood, and just downright lazy. I couldn't even kick my mood Friday night. I went to bed in a sour mood and hoped to wake up better on Saturday.

Yesterday was a much better day--I still didn't work out, but I did manage to get up and cook breakfast, shower, do some laundry, and head out to shop. I'm in desperate need of shorts that fit! I learned that I may have the most awkward body shape on the planet while I was shopping. I came home after an uneventful trip to the most confusing shopping center ever Crossroads (besides this lovely shirt) and boyfriend and I went to Hillsborough to celebrate sissy's horse trainer's birthday.

 Sissy came home from a week away at camp yesterday...let me tell you, you never realize how much you really communicate with someone on a daily basis until you have no contact with them for a week! Kids were supposed to leave at 8, so boyfriend and I decided that it was time for Cookout Milkshakes (nom nom). Mumzy also suggested that we come hang out at her house, so we did for a while.

And here we are, at Sunday...I've succeeded in still doing nothing productive. We'll see how the rest of the day goes! I'm going to try to post some pictures from last night's birthday party later this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment