Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Workout: Day 1

Today, I'm making a big leap...I'm going to start working out again!

I've gained 10lbs in the last year and I am NOT happy with myself. Boyfriend tells me how beautiful I am all the time and I know that I'm not fat by any means, but I could definitely stand to lose that 10lbs!


Mysteriously Obvioulsy because of teacher appreciation week, stress, and [mostly] lack of self control, I gained a whopping 7lbs from mid-April to mid-May alone. I was a little worried, so I went to the doctor last week to have everything checked out, just in case. I'm happy to report everything is fine...I just have to deal with the fact that you actually have to work to stay thin once you're no longer a teenager. Hello, adult life!

I've actually lost 4 of those 7lbs in a few weeks, due to reducing portion sizes, eating 6 times a day, and and reducing sugar. Leaving for work at 6:15am and not getting home until 6:30pm some nights left no time for me to work out while school was in, but now that I've had a few days (and a mini vacation) to unwind and tie up loose ends, it's time to get down to business.

I'm going to be working out with Jillian Michaels for beginners: Frontside. I'm going to try to alternate Jillian with running every other day. Stay tuned for a Day 1 update!

No comments:

Post a Comment