Saturday, June 9, 2012

It's Over...

I'm done with my first FULL year of teaching....wow. It's so hard to believe. Looking back, this entire year flew by. Last year, four months lasted forever. This year, it seems that an entire school year flew by in the blink of an eye.

I couldn't have asked for a better class to teach my first year. All of them Most of them were smart, loving, wonderful, and just overall amazing. There were a few many times that I wanted to pull my hair out, but overall it was a wonderful year--and I welcome summertime with open arms.

We'll be (well, at least I know I will be) pretty busy bees! I have to manage to find sometime to call all 70 parents of the new 3rd graders, as well as Lexile my entire library, since I will only be teaching reading next year. They're re-branding the school (aka repainting, putting new carpet in and all sorts of other things), so it's gonna be difficult to find time to go up to school between that and everything else we have planned.

Boyfriend's brother is planning to stay with us for a few weeks while he works here in our town and tries to find another apartment in the town where he's going to school. It should be interesting...all three of us lived under one roof for a while when boyfriend and I first started living together, but we've been living by ourselves for quite a while now. Thankfully he'll be able to stay with the furry children while we're on vacation for a few weeks.

The boyfriend and his brothers' birthday (they're twins) is next Friday...I'm planning to take boyfriend to lunch, and then I believe they're heading west to see their mom. I'm going to see a show with my mom and sissy that night. The next night we'll probably celebrate boyfriend's birthday with my family. Sunday is Father's Day. Who knows what we'll do then...there's no telling with my family.

The following weekend, we have a wedding to attend for one of my college friends. They're getting married right by boyfriend's mom's house, so it will be a nice convenient time to stop by for a visit!

Three weeks from today we'll be heading east to celebrate July 4th with my family at the beach. While we're there, we'll probably also celebrate our two year anniversary. I'm looking forward to lots of time with my family, lots of food, and lots of sun and sand.

Then the next week, we're planning to [hopefully] head to New York freaking City! I've never ever been before and I couldn't be more excited!!! I have big plans to eat lots of bad food, destroy my bank account by shopping, see lots of exciting sights, and spend lots of time with boyfriend. We haven't gone on vacation by ourselves in a good long while. We are also planning to visit my cousin while we're there.

The week after we come back from New York, I have to hop on a plane and go to Michigan for two days/nights so that I can attend more training for work. Apparently my company things that I'm decently good at what I do, so they're sending me to NHA-U so that I can come back and hopefully teach them about what I learned! I'm really excited for this opportunity and so glad that I've had a chance to learn and grow this year. I can really see myself going a long way in this company.

Then week after I come back from Michigan, teacher workdays start back up. As I sit here, I came to the realization that we have something planned every.single.week. now that school is out for the summer. Holy busy-ness. If I make it through this summer in one piece, it will be a miracle!

I'll hopefully be posting about our adventures as the summer continues. Stay tuned! :)

2 comments:

  1. Wow- your summer sounds crazy busy! I just finished my third year of teaching, and it seems like every year goes by so fast. I'm jealous that you are going to NYC- I went in high school and absolutely loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't have any clue how busy my summer was until I sat down to type it out! lol. My first year was crazy but wonderful...I'm hoping it continues to get easier every year. Enjoy your summer!! :)

    ReplyDelete