Sunday, June 24, 2012

Weekend Recap

This weekend has been pretty wonderful, if I do say so myself.
*warning: picture overload*

I started out Friday by making sure the house was clean, laundry was done, and everything was in it's place, because I knew that I wouldn't have time/motivation to do it during the rest of the weekend. I wanted to enjoy the time I had! :)

Boyfriend took half a day at work, and came home early so we could head west to our first obligation for the weekend--the wedding of a dear friend of mine from college! The weather was turning nasty as we got ready to leave...it rained, and rained, and thundered, and rained some more as we made the two hour drive to the wedding. It was still drizzling as we made our way to boyfriend's mom's house to change clothes/drop our things off. By the time we rushed out the door left for the wedding, THANKFULLY it had stopped. I was worried that it would storm again!

 I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking for right now--
the groom waiting for his bride..it ended up being PERFECT outside!

that sign says "uncle Brad, here comes your bride!"
my accessories to go with my outfit 
my beautiful friend walking down the aisle
saying their vows
beautiful centerpieces!
Mr. and Mrs. Craven!
first dance
the bride and her dad ...they broke out into the Evolution of Dance after starting their first dance to "I Loved Her First"
cake cutting
sharing the cake
beautiful bride<3
this was their venue all lit up at night
the other side of the venue
It was a beautiful wedding for a beautiful couple. They're now off for their honeymoon for two weeks and I can't wait to see more pictures when they get back!!

After the wedding, we headed back to boyfriend's mom's house to stay the night. We crashed around 10:30 and got to sleep in on Saturday morning. 

The rest of Saturday was spent hanging out and talking/reading/being lazy with boyfriend and his mom. We were very lucky that the venue was so close to her house, so we were able to attend the wedding AND spend some time with her (and we didn't have to pay for a hotel...winning)! We headed home around 4:00 Saturday afternoon. Since boyfriend's brother is staying with us for a few weeks, they played video games for the rest of the evening while I spent time catching up on blogs, pinning things on Pinterest, and reading the book that I so desperately wanted to finish.
go read "The Fault in Our Stars". You can thank me later.
This morning, I woke up and still hadn't finish that dang book. So I laid around under the covers and finished my book while boyfriend brought me coffee. It's unusual for us to sleep past 7 or 7:30 on any day, but I decided that I wasn't getting up until I finished the book. I didn't get out of the bed until about 10:30 and it felt AMAZING! I even managed to start a second book before I finally drug myself out of the bed to help boyfriend make breakfast (chocolate chip pancakes...our Sunday tradition). The rest of the day will hopefully be spent relaxing, reading, and just being lazy. Our hope is to squeeze in a grocery trip at some point today...but who knows, perhaps I won't even get out of my pj's or take a shower. Shhhhh.

The upcoming week looks to be pretty busy--kitty has a vet appointment on Monday morning at 8am (WHYYYYY did I decided to put myself through that torture?!!!), I'm heading to Asheboro to have a pool date with my bff on another day during the week, sissy wants to get pedicures on another day, and I have to make sure the house is clean/we are packed before we leave bright and early on Saturday morning for this place:

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment