Saturday, July 21, 2012

The 411: me

I've seen this link up floating around and figured it would be the best way to put myself out there. I've started being more dedicated to this little bloggy, and I'm recently acquired a few new followers. I'm hoping to get my software-savvy fiance to help me make a "me" tab for my blog, and then I'll move this there...but until then, this is what you get :)
1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed?
  I started this blog probably about three years ago. I was in college and in a bad relationship. It was an outlet. I wasn't very dedicated. I blogged maybe once a month. After I moved home and began a new relationship with my now husband-to-be, I deleted everything from the past and started over. I've been blogging consistently for about two years now. I blog about my relationship, our very recent adventures in wedding planning, and my adventures in the classroom.

2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
 Goooo Spartans! I went to UNCG, in good ole' Greensboro, NC. While there, I got my BS in Elementary Education. They have one of the best education programs in the nation.

3. Where have you traveled?
  I was never much of a travel bug until I met Z. I had traveled to Florida once, but other than that I pretty much stayed in NC, SC, or VA. That summer I also had the opportunity to go to Vegas to babysit for a family friend. While I was there, I realized that there was more out there than little North Carolina. In the last year I've been to New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, New Jersey, Missouri, Michigan (soon to be twice), and Illinois.


4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
 I would want to pay off all of my mom's debt and then buy a beautiful new house if the money allowed. :)

5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
  1. dirty dishes in a sink (but I'm getting better)
  2. people who are late
  3. wrinkled sheets.
--I will even go as far as to make Z get out of the bed so I can straighten the bottom sheet. Our hotel bed in NYC was SO comfortable but the bottom sheet wasn't fitted so it wrinkled extra fast...I swear I spent three straight nights trying to get that thing to stay tight. Fail.

6. What is your favorite movie?
Movies that I can (and have) watched over and over again includeC razy, Stupid Love, any of the Harry Potter Movies, Rent, Coyote Ugly, Remember the Titans, the Blind Side.

7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
  I'm a wine-o. I love Moscato and white zinfandel. However, I'm trying to lose a ridiculous amount of weight currently on a diet, so I've tried to stop drinking pretty much anything but water. I may have had two glasses of wine last night. Oops. Otherwise I LOVE  sweet tea. I'm from the south, where Bojangles sweet tea is a staple.

8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
  As a teacher, I've had lots of "me" time this summer while Z has been working and we aren't traveling. My favorite thing to do in the afternoon is to curl up on the couch with my kitty and watch Law and Order: SVU. I'm sort of addicted. I also love to read. I've finished two, soon to be three, books this summer alone.

9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
  Easy. Target or Banana Republic.

10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
  The most recent embarassing moment that really sticks out in my head is a few years back, when I was a nanny. I called out sick one day because I was having some problems...down there...and I needed to go to the doctor. When I went back to work, the dad sat me down and asked me "well, are you or aren't you?". He was asking me if I was pregnant! I had been wearing skirts, baggy pants and flowy dresses because I didn't want anything to touch me, not because I was trying to hide a baby bump! I had to reveal to him that I was not, in fact, pregnant--but that I had an...infection...that needed to be taken care of.

11. What day would you love to relive again?
  The day that we got engaged. I loved blogging about it and being able to relive the feelings and emotions. It was a perfect day and I was surrounded by some of my favorite people.

12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you?
  I don't really know...although I'm pretty much in love with Reese Witherspoon and Emma Stone.

13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
  When I was a kid I worked with my dad at Domino's (he was a supervisor for the stores that my aunt and uncle owns). When I got legally old enough to work, my first job was at Chick-Fil-A. When I got old enough to drive, I landed a job as a camp counselor at the YMCA. I waited tables for the first few years of college, and then I was a nanny for two years. I had a few random jobs here and there in between. I wasn't very good at holding down  a job during college, except for my nannying position. Oops.

14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
That's me with my best friends from college...i'm in the middle.
Funny how things change.
15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
  Fiji, Hawaii, the Carribean, somewhere tropical!! Honeymoon, anyone? ;-)

16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you. 
our two year anniversary
July 6
picture credit to Lauren
my beautiful family
17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
  Our hope is that we will be married and living in California. I'm not sure if I want to keep teaching or not. Z has always had a dream to live there, and even though I will miss my family, I will do anything to give that boy his dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment