Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 8

Day 8: A picture that makes you angry/sad

In the wake of the tragedy at Riverside this weekend, I've been thinking a lot about losing someone that I love. This picture makes me sad and happy at the same time. I miss my granny a TON...more so on some days than on others. Now that I'm living back at home, which happens to be the house where my mom grew up, I'll pass by things every so often that remind me of her. I love having memories of her and the wonderful times that we had together--it was because of her that I didn't have to go to daycare, and it was because of her that our family is so strong. She was the strongest woman I knew, and this picture was taken the night of my junior prom, back when she was healthy in 2005. She passed away in 2008, and I believe that she really is my guardian angel watching over me. I can't tell you how many times she's saved me from what could have been a bad situation. I remember one time shortly after she passed away, when I was at the grocery store--I was in my car heading home from grabbing some things, and I glanced over at some people entering the grocery store. I literally had to do a double take because I thought that it was her entering the store. I went home and cried for the rest of the afternoon because it made me miss her so much. Every time my mom and I see a dragonfly, we say that's a sign that she's just visiting us. We both want to get dragonfly tattoo's somewhere to remember her by. She has been my motivation to finish school, and she was always my biggest fan and my hero. I love and miss you Granny!

--------------------------------------

Sunday morning I got up to find out that two students that went to my high school were killed in a car accident on Saturday night. I went through school with one of the boys' brother's. I couldn't imagine losing my sister. I wouldn't be able to function. They are saying that neither speed nor alcohol was a factor in the crash, which makes it incredibly sad that they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I can't imagine what my Riverside family is going through right now--it makes me think back to the summer before and the beginning of my sophomore year, when we lost two students and a football coach all within a month of each other. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone involved. Just know that Brantley and Miles are watching over you from heaven.

Monday, Monday. The start of another week...so far it's been pretty good--I worked last night, worked again this morning, and I have to go straight from school to work tomorrow...but then I get three days off before working lunch shifts all weekend. I'm so thankful to have a job that's giving me hours and that I actually enjoy! Only 108 days until graduation! I'm getting ready to head to Zach's for the night, and I have class and work all day tomorrow...i foresee an early bedtime tonight!

*toodles*

No comments:

Post a Comment