Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Slacker! Day 4.

Okay, okay. I'm a slacker. I fell down on my "30 days of me". I'll start up again today with my favorite book! Day 4.

Dear John
  Dear John is one of Nicholas Sparks' latest novels...and it's also been converted into a movie! I haven't seen the movie yet (i own it but don't have possession of it, but that's another story), but I can't wait to see it. I figure i'm going to cry like a baby. I've read the book twice. The first time I read it, I was newly engaged to my now ex-fiance and he was away at military boot camp--not exactly the best time to be reading a book like that. I cried like a baby. The second time i read it, I wanted to re-read it before the movie came out. It had been about 3 years since I had read it, but still, I cried like a baby. It's an amazing story of a boy, a girl, and their romance. He's in the army and they meet while he is on R&R. I'm not going to reveal any more details, you need to go read it--I love Nicholas Sparks and have read almost all of his books.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My life has been absolutely insane for the last two weeks. I've been running around trying to get things ready to go back to school and trying to balance spending time with my family and spending time with Zach. I got sick weekend before last with what felt like the flu, and ended up being a 24 hour bug. I was in Cary for the weekend, and because I have the best boyfriend ever, he took amazing care of me. I sent him to the store for some random "sick" items, and he came back with flowers and a Carolina snuggie for me to wrap up in since I was running a fever and had chills. I felt good enough to get up and venture home on Monday, and tried to take it easy all week. Thursday I ventured up to Greensboro for the day to get some housekeeping stuff done and see Megan and her new apartment! We had planned to go to the pool for the afternoon, but lo and behold, it rained. I swear, I've got a cloud magnet over my head...which makes no sense to me, because I'm such a sunshiny person! hehe. We ended up running my errands and then just hanging around her apartment for a little while...and then I found out I had gotten poor Zach sick! I felt horrible, so of course I went over there to take care of him. Turns out, he had the same 24 hour bug that I did. He recovered on Friday, and on Saturday we both desperately were wanting to get out of the house. We had lunch in the cutest little pizzeria in Downtown Apex. We'll definitely go back.

Lauren's birthday party was Saturday night, so we headed to Durham for that. It was great to see everyone and we both had a pretty awesome time--he lost at rock, paper, scissors, and had to drive home. I'm a star. :D
Sunday was my very last day of summer--I had to go to orientation for my new job that night and classes were going to start on Monday, so I was pretty down in the dumps. I spent the day moping around and not being very happy. I wanted ice cream at one point, so we got in the car and drove all the way to Angier, to the Sunni Skies creamery. They make their own ice cream every day and have some pretty unique flavors!
Speaking of jobs...I'm the newest hostess at Tobacco Road Sports Cafe in Durham. I trained yesterday and I work my first real shift tomorrow at lunch! I'm really excited to have something to do on the days that I'm not in school.

I had my first day of on-campus class today...let the last semester of undergrad commence! It's weird to be sitting in the library again (my new laptop hasn't been delivered yet so i'm working from the library), waiting on my second class. I have one in the morning and one in the afternoon, and time to work on online classes in between.  I think it's going to be a pretty awesome semester. Stay tuned for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment