Tuesday, August 10, 2010

30 Days + Update.

Found this on a friend's blog and decided to give it a shot--we'll see how long i can stick to it...hehehe :)
30 Days of ME
Day 1: Your favorite song
Day 2: Your favorite movie
Day 3: Your favorite television program
Day 4: Your favorite book
Day 5: Your favorite quote
Day 6: Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 7: A photo that makes you happy
Day 8: A photo that makes you angry/sad
Day 9: A photo you took
Day 10: A photo of you taken over ten years ago
Day 11: A photo of you taken recently
Day 12: Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 13: A fictional book
Day 14: A non-fictional book
Day 15: A fanfic
Day 16: A song that makes you cry (or nearly)
Day 17: An art piece (painting, drawing, sculpture, etc.)
Day 18: Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 19: A talent of yours
Day 20: A hobby of yours
Day 21: A recipe
Day 22: A website
Day 23: A YouTube video
Day 24: Whatever tickles your fancy
Day 25: Your day, in great detail
Day 26: Your week, in great detail
Day 27: This month, in great detail
Day 28: This year, in great detail
Day 29: Hopes, dreams and plans for the next 365 days
Day 30: Whatever tickles your fancy
----------------------------------------------------------
Day 1: Your Favorite Song
This is probably one of my favorite songs of ALL time...the song I want to dance with my mom to at my wedding and a song that I feel that I can definitely relate to...I always try to find meaning in song lyrics. I've been listening to Taylor Swift A LOT lately, and I just love this song.

I'm five years old, it's getting cold, I've got my big coat on
I hear your laugh and look up smiling at you, I run and run
Past the pumpkin patch and the tractor rides, look now, the sky is gold
I hug your legs and fall asleep on the way home

I don't know why all the trees change in the fall
But I know you're not scared of anything at all
Don't know if Snow White's house is near or far away
But I know I had the best day with you today

I'm thirteen now and don't know how my friends could be so mean
I come home crying and you hold me tight and grab the keys
And we drive and drive until we found a town far enough away
And we talk and window shop 'til I've forgotten all their names

I don't know who I'm gonna talk to now at school
But I know I'm laughing on the car ride home with you
Don't know how long it's gonna take to feel okay
But I know I had the best day with you today

I have an excellent father, his strength is making me stronger
God smiles on my little brother, inside and out, he's better than I am
I grew up in a pretty house and I had space to run
And I had the best days with you

There is a video I found from back when I was three
You set up a paint set in the kitchen and you're talking to me
It's the age of princesses and pirate ships and the seven dwarfs
And Daddy's smart and you're the prettiest lady in the whole wide world

And now I know why the all the trees change in the fall
I know you were on my side even when I was wrong
And I love you for giving me your eyes
For staying back and watching me shine
And I didn't know if you knew, so I'm takin' this chance to say
That I had the best day with you today
--The Best Day, Taylor Swift

********************************************************
Not really a ton going on over here in my little world.  I've mostly been helping to take care of things around the house, and spending a lot of time in Cary with Zach. I woke up this morning feeling like I had been hit by a MAC truck. I was achy and had 0 energy. I took a shower and crawled back into bed while Zach was cooking breakfast. He didn't feel well either...he's just too good to me.

I had a job interview today, now I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping to get it! Its been a blessing that I haven't had a job for the past couple of weeks so that I could help take care of things while mom was recovering from her surgery, but now that she's back at work and regaining some of her superpowers, I need a job! I'm supporting myself for the first time ever, really, and I figure an income would be a good thing...i have a pretty bad shoe addiction. ;)

School starts back in two weeks time--I'm really really excited, and at the same time I'm nervous.  I'm going back onto campus for the first time since last December...it's going to be so weird! I'm a nerd and I love school, but it's going to take a lot of self discipline on my end to juggle three online classes along with my two on-campus classes. As long as I pass my classes, pass my Praxis II exam (which, by the way, I'm scared to DEATH of. No matter how many times people tell me I'll be fine, I'm still wigging out), the state should grant me a license in December! eeeep! 

So excited about my future and the things to come. It feels like everything is falling into place exactly like it should, and I couldn't be more excited. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful and supporting group of friends and family, not to mention probably the most incredible boyfriend on the planet. I know that whenever I'm feeling down on myself I can just look at any of them to bring me back up. 

I'm trying not to do too much today...I came home this afternoon and got into my pj's, I should probably put some real clothes on at some point. Mom's cooking burgers tonight for us and then Zach and I are going to a movie and getting that Cinnamon bun both of us have been craving now since BEFORE I left for Vegas!

*toodles*

No comments:

Post a Comment