Thursday, July 14, 2011

Couch to 5k

I know, I know. I keep hemming and hawing about exercising...i'll be motivated one day and not motivated the next. Ugh. But today I started a new program called couch to 5k. It's supposed to prep you to run  3 miles (a 5k) in just two months! Boyfriend started a few days before I did, but we're both doing it now. If you enjoy running (like I do) and want an easy way to start working out, go here to check it out!

Here are the highlights from my first day:
Total workout time: 25 minutes
Calories burned: 143
Distance walked/ran: 1.46 miles

It doesn't matter how fast or slow you walk or run, it's all based on time and/or distance. Today my goal was to do a 5 minute warm up walking, then alternate running for 60 seconds and walking for 90 seconds for a total of 20 minutes, and then I finished with a 5 minute cool down. I was able to push through, and I feel great. I'm hoping to alternate days...which means my next day is Saturday! Ick. But I think I can do it! Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment