Sunday, July 31, 2011

Away from home...again

I know, I know...I just got home from Missouri on Tuesday morning, and now I'm off to New Teacher orientation this week in Grand Rapids. Hopefully i'll be able to update DURING my travels this time since i'll be in a hotel instead of an RV, like we were last week.

I just thought about the fact that I will have spent time in 5 different states this month alone...that ties the amount that I had been to in my entire life.

Just last year, I took my first trip off of the East Coast, when I went to Las Vegas to get drunk and gamble babysit. Before that, I had traveled to Florida when I was in the 9th grade and we took a family trip to Disney World. Outside of that, I had never traveled outside of North Carolina, South Carolina, or Virginia. Then I went to DC in 2007/2008 (and back again this April), but that's still not going very far.

This month alone I will have spent time in four new states:
Missouri
Illinois
New Jersey
Michigan

So that now takes the number of states that I have visited to a whopping measly 9, if you include North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Florida, and Nevada.

Last year when I got home from Vegas, I realized that there was more out there than the good 'ole south. Growing up, we never had money to do any big traveling, but I loved going to the beach for vacation. I guess I was naive. Don't get me wrong, I still love being able to travel only 2 hours to get to the beach. However, I now realize that there is much much more out there for me to discover. I'm really excited about the opportunity that I have been given with my new company and I am going to embrace the chance to travel alone for the first time! :)

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment